Here are my thoughts.
1. The church is God’s idea, he gave himself for the church
2. Going to church does not stop me being the church especially as I’m only there two hours on a sunday each week
3. I can share what I know with more people in a church than I can at McDonalds hence I go to church
4. Having church at Mcdonalds would not be practical. Having church in a building called “church” would
5. One who is the church cannot stop being the church because all who are born again are the church by nature
6. Do people who quit church become greater evangelists? My experience is that when a man quits going to church he becomes its critic, not its evangelist.
7. Jesus himself went to the temple as was his custom and there’s nothing wrong with custom
8. How often would you meet with 100 people 1000 people and do the same thing, if you did not have church?
9. If folks meet in a concert park for a concert and a stadium for a weekly football game why can’t we as believers unite in one place for church?
10. May I ask whats your solution for a crowd if we choose to abandon a building called a church.
11. Church builds community. Community exists because we have something to celebrate and something to fight for, without community we have isolation
12. Most folks who say don’t go to church be the church end up meeting others and having church, sooner or later
13. The church is good, you’re part of it.
May be the proponents of the “Be the church” message and I’m one of them should ask ourselves two questions, Why do we want to get out of a building, and secondly whats wrong with preaching that makes us stay at home?
Whats your thoughts?
Vist rick on ilife Journey
This post has already been read 129 times!